UKC

Skye - Rock climbing guidebook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 saz_b 20 Apr 2015
Hi, heading to Skye for the cullin ridge.

If weather too bad for ridge, hoping to go climbing somewhere sheltered, and looking for a guidebook.

Have found "Scottish Rock - North (V2)" but it's pricey (>£40, cheaper versions in europe but too long to arrive here).

Can anyone recommend a good guidebook for rock climbing? Or have one I can borrow/buy?

Thanks!
 sheelba 20 Apr 2015
In reply to saz_b:

Not such where you're looking but the paperback for Scottish rock north is less than £20 on Amazon. Skye outcrops is the definitive guide although it's a bit much if your not going to get there often. I originally bought the SMC selected guide for Scotland but swapped it for Scottish rock as it has a better coverage of routes on the Cullin when I went there. Not sure what it's like for the outcrops but I really like the style and layout of the Gary Latter guides.
OP saz_b 21 Apr 2015
In reply to sheelba: ah, found it! Thanks for he info.

The isbn number listed in Ukc logbook pointed at the 2009 version and I can see there's a newer one now that's in print.

Skyguides have also offered help

All sorted now - thanks UKC community.

> Not such where you're looking but the paperback for Scottish rock north is less than £20 on Amazon. Skye outcrops is the definitive guide although it's a bit much if your not going to get there often. I originally bought the SMC selected guide for Scotland but swapped it for Scottish rock as it has a better coverage of routes on the Cullin when I went there. Not sure what it's like for the outcrops but I really like the style and layout of the Gary Latter guides.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...