UKC

Bla Bheinn camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 coinneach 24 Apr 2015
Any recommendations for a good campsite in the area?
 d_b 24 Apr 2015
In reply to coinneach:

Can't think of any on that road, but if you really like midges then the Sligachan isn't too far away.
 Oujmik 24 Apr 2015
In reply to coinneach:

I've seen lots of people camping down by the water where the road does a big loop around it before heading towards Elgol. I assume it's not allowed but seems to be tolerated, probably midge-tastic.
 the abmmc 24 Apr 2015
In reply to coinneach:

Camping wild is tolerated about everywhere on Skye, but not on village greens or people's fields that are being worked. If you're after a campsite with showers and toilets, then there's a couple in Broadford.
 ModerateMatt 26 Apr 2015
In reply to Oujmik:
I have camped on that spot. Its just a bit in land from where the car park is for Blaven. Its pretty flat and there is a streem near and a litte layby to park your car.
Removed User 26 Apr 2015
In reply to coinneach:

I've stayed in my campervan down by Camas Malag. Think its part of the JMTs Torrin estate.

gilliesp 29 Apr 2015
In reply to coinneach:

Last May I walked up the decent path (at the suggestion of a local I met) and camped at NG 543 217 circa 200m up the Allt na' Dunnaiche. Splendid location. It was well worth the effort as next morning I was on Blaven top at half eight. The spectacularly good weather made this a good option.

Next morning I spotted good sites further up Coire Uaigneich around Loch Fionna Choire at 420m.
 goatee 29 Apr 2015
In reply to coinneach:

Why not have a look at Camasunary. Very convenient for the south ridge
 Joak 29 Apr 2015
In reply to goatee:

A wee bit further on, Loch Coruisk makes a for a good place to camp. Admittedly the couple of times I've been there I've took the soft option and caught the boat. Perfectly placed for the Dubh's Ridge one day, then the South Ridge of Bla Bheinn via the bad step on another.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...