UKC

Oltre Finale Camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Vickiebarrett 27 Apr 2015
Hi - off to Oltre Finale in a couple of weeks and wondered if any one had any knowledge of the campsites over there? Any crag info would also be appreciated as not been to that area at all before. Thanks
 carl dawson 27 Apr 2015
Went a few weeks ago. Great place (even if the grades are a bit tough!). Re: campsites... didn't find any up the Val Pennevaire but did go to one in Albenga (which was a bit 'transit camp'-like... i.e. OK for one night and a shower but that's all). Dozens and dozens of camper vans though (in almost every lay-by, car park etc ... well, it was Easter) and this 'appeared' to be tolerated. Some really lovely spots if you get out of the main valley... And if you go to the col at the head of the valley, I should imagine camping in fine (open land/out of the woodlands/fabulous views to the Alps) even though it's a bit of drive back down every day. Cisano (where the valley opens out) is the climbers' village: great bar, great village square, great little climbing shop etc. Terminal is the main crag for starters but probably getting a bit hot. Very different climbing to Finale Ligure. Plenty of other crags that face the other direction though. Have a great time.
OP Vickiebarrett 28 Apr 2015
In reply to carl dawson:

Thanks for all that information Carl. Much appreciated. I have heard that the ice cream is great - looking forward to it!
In reply to Vickiebarrett:
Hi,

Last weekend we checked in at Camping La Pineta http://www.lapinetavacanze.it possibly the same Carl is referring to. Very basic services, but they offer 10% discount to climbers and we stayed in a bungalow for only €43 for the three of us (two double beds, can fit four people, kitchenette available) Otherwise along the riviera you can definitely find more options.

I would not advise wild camping in Italy. The only place where this can be considered safe and tolerated, though illegal, is Monte Cucco in Finale.

If you do get a guidebook, make sure it's the latest edition, it's massively bigger than the previous one and it includes "new" major sectors like Cineplex with over 100 pitches (and counting...)

Have fun!

Ciao!

Nic
Post edited at 14:26
 heleno 06 May 2015
In reply to Vickiebarrett:

We've just arrived this evening for a few days cragging in Oltre Finale. We've checked into Bella Vista camping near Albenga - 16E for 2 people with ACSI card. We'll also be on the look out for alternatives ourselves and will keep you posted if we spot any. Haven't tried the climbing yet but will be hitting the crags tomorrow - hoping they're as good as they sound in the guide!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...