UKC

Robert Millar Seems to Have Been Found.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wilkesley 04 May 2015
Having recently finished "In Search of Robert Millar", it seems that has suddenly moved back into the public eye. I enjoyed his commentary on the Tour de Yorkshire. So what has prompted his change of mind?
 Yanis Nayu 04 May 2015
In reply to wilkesley:

His change of name maybe?
 felt 04 May 2015
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Yes, that posh, languid Glaswegian twang, as if fresh out of Sandhurst-on-Clyde.
 DaveHK 04 May 2015
In reply to wilkesley:

He's been back in the public eye for a few years writing excellent blog posts for Cyclingnews.com although it seems to be an irregular thing.
 steev 04 May 2015
In reply to wilkesley:

Also has a regular column in Rouleur.
In reply to felt:

> Yes, that posh, languid Glaswegian twang, as if fresh out of Sandhurst-on-Clyde.

I wouldn't call Kinloss, Aylesbury or Hong Kong "Sandhurst-on-Clyde" or of being the root of a "posh, languid Glaswegian twang".

;~))
 Oujmik 05 May 2015
In reply to wilkesley:

In case you're confused by the responses above, the commentator was recently retired pro David Millar (no relation). However, Robert has also emerged from secrecy to write articles for various publications.
 felt 05 May 2015
In reply to Ghastly Rubberfeet:

These little winkies are dashed hard to decipher...
 JamButty 05 May 2015
In reply to Oujmik:

> In case you're confused by the responses above, the commentator was recently retired pro David Millar (no relation). However, Robert has also emerged from secrecy to write articles for various publications.

Phew I was getting confused.....I though Davids commentary was really good, especially as he went into the tactical decisions of the races which I rarely understand...
 Bob 05 May 2015
In reply to JamButty:

> Phew I was getting confused.....I though Davids commentary was really good, especially as he went into the tactical decisions of the races which I rarely understand...

I liked that too. His speech is a little monotone at the moment but I suppose learning "TV speak" almost overdoing emphasized words takes a little time.
 Oujmik 05 May 2015
In reply to Bob:

Yes, David made a good commentator. He's like a more listenable Sean Kelly with the bonus of actually having ridden with many of the riders.
OP wilkesley 07 May 2015
In reply to Oujmik:

Thanks I had finally worked out that there was more than one Millar! Glad to hear that the non commentating Millar has re-emerged from secrecy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...