UKC

Great customer service from MSR

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CharlieMack 05 May 2015
After having a stove from them for over a year, the adapter that screws onto the gas canister wore out (the thread became too worn to hold onto the screw).
Mainly from one cross threading, that just got worse over time.

After emailing them to ask whether they sell the part individually, they posted me the part free of charge!! Thanks guys.

This is why i switched to MSR after previously having THREE faulty jetboils in a row. And having either no response, or a generic 'faulty parts, please return to your retailer' rubbish.
At the time i worked at a retailer, so had instant access to all the useful resources, and was merely pointing out that they may have a faulty batch. As the second and third flashes didn't work straight off the shelf!!

Very poor customer service from one company, and exemplary service from another. That is how you build a loyal customer base, and how you continue to run a company for many years, not just a one off product with a few minor variations.
 PPP 05 May 2015
In reply to CharlieMack:

Seconded. A brilliant company to deal with, I even had a call as it was difficult to explain what we were talking about. Distributors can also be nice!
 1poundSOCKS 06 May 2015
In reply to CharlieMack:

I emailed MSR customer support about a problem with my stove. I got no answer.
OP CharlieMack 09 May 2015
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

I emailed their american head office by accident, rather than their UK one, just because i googled 'msr contact us' and that came up first. Maybe worth doing that?
 L.A. 09 May 2015
In reply to CharlieMack: Best of all is to contact their European Headquarters in Ireland directly. Either Tina or Ciamah in the Warranty Dept are really helpful
Email: warranty@cascadedesigns.ie
Phone: 00 353 (0) 021 4621444

angry pirate 09 May 2015
In reply to CharlieMack:

I lost the triclip windshield off the top of my pocket rocket. I emailed the distributors in Ireland and the UK rep. Both couldn't have been more helpful and a free of charge replacement triclip appeared shortly afterwards.
Excellent customer service and has bought my brand loyalty for the future.
In reply to L.A.:

Ciamah
Is a Diamond she very kindly exchanged an old Dragonfly stove that
Had been well used that had snapped clean off the stove housing
Brand new replacement send within the week with a few Extras
First class Msr all the way for me !! Also swapped my New Windboiler
Cosy (Known Fault on the early ones ) again without hassle or Delay
10/10
 1poundSOCKS 11 May 2015
In reply to CharlieMack:

> Maybe worth doing that?

It was quite a while ago now. Not sure why they wouldn't answer though, even to give the correct email address. It doesn't look good to ignore your customers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...