UKC

An alternative to UKC forums

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Aigen 09 May 2015

I know this is going too upset a few people but are there any other climbing forums where you can get advice about climbing related topics on the internet. I am sick of people on UKC hijacking posts and find it a waste of time putting up legitimate questions only for other people to bang on about crap in the responses. For example the poor chap that has a stuck cam on a climbing now has 180 responses.
Post edited at 01:21
Removed User 09 May 2015
In reply to Aigen:

There is plenty of advice to be had on actual climbing topics on here, so just de-select all the non-climbing forums.
 FactorXXX 09 May 2015
In reply to Aigen:

For example the poor chap that has a stuck cam on a climbing now has 180 responses.

Depends on your perspective. I see it as a discussion on the ethics of Crag Swag in the modern world of tags and the Internet.
 deacondeacon 09 May 2015
In reply to Aigen:

Ukc is great, but you need to filter through the crap, when I look up information on other forums I realise that overall the ukc community is generally polite, honest and helpful. There are a few people that try and ruin it but once you start remembering their user names you can ignore them.
If you're still looking for other forums ukbouldering is very good (although a little sheffield-centric). Good advice from knowledgable users usually without all the bollocks that ukc threads can be full of.
Andy Gamisou 09 May 2015
In reply to deacondeacon:

+1 for ukb.
 The Potato 09 May 2015
In reply to Aigen:

Wow I'm surprised nobody has accused you of trolling yet!
I get what you mean, it's a very general forum really which is great but no harm in getting advice elsewhere too.
Needvert has. Given a good selection
In reply to Aigen:
>>find it a waste of time putting up legitimate questions only for other people to bang on about crap in the responses

Welcome to the internet !!

And I haven't missed the irony that you yourself have tried to 'Hijack' the Cam thread and turn it into a discussion of whether UKC is dead.
Post edited at 08:21
 GrahamD 09 May 2015
In reply to Aigen:

The problem with asking non specific climbing related questions anywhere is that there is very rarely a single right answer - so the bigger the forum the wider the range of answers you will hear and the higher the number of answers you will hear that you won't like.

If you want answers without discussion, your probably better off buying the text book.
 jimjimjim 09 May 2015
In reply to Aigen:
Ask a proper question and you'll get your answer. What wrong with threads going of on a tangent anyway, that's half the fun.
How can you get wound up by comments on a forum anyway?

Rich W Parker 09 May 2015
In reply to Aigen:

Camptocamp & Summitpost, but there's no life and soul to them like UKC.
 deepsoup 09 May 2015
In reply to Murko Fuzz:

> Camptocamp & Summitpost, but there's no life and soul to them like UKC.

So maybe that'll suit. The OP was moaning in the crag swag thread that UKC is dead, but it seems to me his problem is that it's too alive.

People posting in threads, talking about stuff, straying off the original topic if they want - good god, what *is* the world coming to?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...