UKC

Wiggo on desert island discs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kimono 11 May 2015
Anyone else catch this? He is actually coming across much better than i thought he might.
Choosing the tunes that actually mean something to him, not trying to impress anyone...Chas&Dave anyone?!

Asked his wife to marry him after a week together....aww!

Removed User 11 May 2015
In reply to Kimono:

I'm not sure why you'd be surprised by this. He has to come across as one of the most down to earth sports personalities I've ever encountered.
OP Kimono 11 May 2015
In reply to Kimono:

tbh I've not heard him speak much before, but when i have, i thought he came across a bit weirdly overconfident. I know see that he is actually genuinely 'shy'
Removed User 11 May 2015
In reply to Kimono:

Well I'm sure someone will be along to tell you that your initial assessment is correct and mine not. But he does seem capable of creating this type of polarized opinion.

For me he is anything but arrogant (over confident) and very down to earth.
 Mike Highbury 11 May 2015
In reply to Kimono:
> tbh I've not heard him speak much before, but when i have, i thought he came across a bit weirdly overconfident. I know see that he is actually genuinely 'shy'

He has those odd, tiresome inflections that young women adopt. Did he say that he watches a lot of American teen movies?
 sbc_10 11 May 2015
In reply to Kimono:

Anybody got a link to his musical choices ? ( good to see C & D get a mention ....gertcha!)
 The New NickB 11 May 2015
In reply to Kimono:

He was great, he always is in proper interviews rather than the stuff you get at the end of stages.
 JLS 11 May 2015
In reply to Kimono:

>"Chas&Dave"

I'm sure there are a million people with all his other other choices in their music collections. I guess the inclusion of Chas & Dave on his list means that the number of people that can claim to have the complete list is vanishingly small. I suspect he dosen't even own a copy himself!

The choices as I remember were...

The Smith - The Queen is Dead
Oasis - Rock and Roll star
Chas & Dave - That's what I Like
T-Rex - Cosmic Dancer
David Bowie - Sound and Vision
Stones Roses - I am the Resurrection
Ian Dury and The Blockheads - Reasons To Be Cheerful
The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil
 wercat 11 May 2015
In reply to Kimono:
didn't share his musical tastes too much (probably fortunately for him) but he came across as the character I'd hoped he would be - great to hear a sporting legend speak so engagingly and simply

I'm a bit old to have heroes but he is probably one!
Post edited at 09:39
 Chris the Tall 11 May 2015
In reply to JLS:

Nothing by the Jam !!!! Thought he was a huge fan

Not had chance to listen yet, but looking forward to it. No surprise that he isn't quite the arse that many like to believe he is (and by his own admission, he can be).
 The New NickB 11 May 2015
In reply to Chris the Tall:

> Nothing by the Jam !!!! Thought he was a huge fan

He talks a little bit about why.

> Not had chance to listen yet, but looking forward to it. No surprise that he isn't quite the arse that many like to believe he is (and by his own admission, he can be).

It is very enjoyable and quite informative.
 sbc_10 11 May 2015
In reply to JLS:

Cheers JLS. I've got 7 out of 8 of his selection.....don't think I would choose all of these though.
Look forward to hearing this programme.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...