UKC

Winter to Summer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The New NickB 13 May 2015
After trundling around all winter and early spring on my old aluminium bike, with stock wheel, 28mm tires and mud guards (a meaty 10kg), I'm back on the summer bike, which thanks to some new wheels is a light as air 6.7kg.

What a joy! No point to make, just not done the Winter to Summer bike transition before and wanted to celebrate it.
 felt 13 May 2015
In reply to The New NickB:

Great. I go winter/rain to summer; rain tomorrow so back to the winter/rain bike, although as it's a compact rather than a mid my knees will be happy.
OP The New NickB 13 May 2015
In reply to felt:

We are a one car family now, so occasional cummutes will mean I'm back on the winter bike, simply because when out of the house the summer bike does not leave my sight, even when locked up.
Rigid Raider 13 May 2015
Very sensible. My fancy summer bike is only ever under my bottom or in full sight while I'm in a cafe.

Edit: obviously I take it out from under my bottom when I'm at home or at work....
Post edited at 11:46
 dazwan 13 May 2015

I changed to my Summer bike last November when I bought my road bike! I just cannot bring myself to use my Aluminium CX when I have my Carbon Road bike sat right next to it. I can't bear the thought of lugging around that extra couple of kilo's, other than the disks there's no other reason I'd want to use that over the roadie.
 TobyA 13 May 2015
In reply to dazwan:

This weekend, I went for the first proper ride on my roadbike since December. Lovely to ride it again, and I can notice the lower weight over my commuter BUT for riding to work through central Sheffield on the utterly crappy surfaced roads full of potholes I want the CX wheels and fatter tyres! In fact my CX has brand new Marathon Plus tyres on it - I got a bit radical and bought 'just' 32s down from the 35s I had previously, and I can feel the difference through my butt. Doing the same commute on 25s on my roadbike would probably shake my teeth loose.

Did manage to get to 71 kmph at one point today on my commuter, so its not too slow!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...