UKC

Fun lakeland scrambles for an injured climber

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 91dave 14 May 2015
So I'm pretty much committed to going to the Lake District for the next couple of weekends, but I'm also pretty sure my recently injured foot won't be too happy climbing. On the other hand, if I strap it into a boot, I should be perfectly happy walking and scrambling...

So, can anyone suggest any good scrambling routes? Preferably more towards Grade II/III, and starting in Langdale (this w/e) or Wasdale Head (next w/e)?
 alasdair19 14 May 2015
In reply to 91dave:
from langdale wander up to pavey for jakes rake and an excellent counter diagonal at moderate. also scout crag can be climbed at diff or v diff.

It can be fun doing easy routes in big boots.
Post edited at 20:16
 BnB 15 May 2015
In reply to 91dave:

Did Cam Crag in Langstrath the other day. Rated it very highly in the soaking wet. Hopefully wouldn't feel too easy in the dry. You can vary the grade up to about Diff according to ability and appetite but is at least grade 2
 petegunn 15 May 2015
In reply to 91dave:
From Wasdale head up and do the climbers traverse of the Napes (2 ***), passing the sphinx rock and threading the needle etc then head up to Westmoorland crags and do the scramble up that to the top of Great Gable.

Theres a good scamble on Pike O Stickle (Main Face 3 ***) that you could do and then come down Jack's rake or head up Middlefell Buttress (D) walk over to Gimmer and do South East Gully (1) or Merlin Slab (D)
Post edited at 22:00

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...