UKC

Climbing instructor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 15 May 2015
Hi.

Doing a lot of indoor climbing but I'd like to get outdoors as well. Anyone recommend a good instructor in the Glasgow area, preferably for sport climing (at least initially)?

Cheers
In reply to Flinticus:

Check out the association of mountaineering instructors on google.
 AlH 15 May 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

There's a bit of a lack of Mountain Instructors living in the immediate Glasgow Area who run their own business or freelance but plenty just a little further afield. I often teach parties trad leading when I'm down doing NGB Awards or Technical Advice in Glasgow. I can also recommend Edinburgh based MIC Martin 'Wilf' Holland <martin.holland@hotmail.co.uk> and MIA Glenn Gordon ( http://www.glenngordon.co.uk ) are both good guys.
 SenzuBean 15 May 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

If you click on Directory on the banner above [on UKC site I'm talking], there's a Find Instructor/Guide tab -which will let you search via Glasgow. However bear in mind that guides from all over the UK will be suitable if you're willing and able to travel - so don't limit yourself to searching in only Glasgow. There's good guides up near the Cairngorms too for example.
In reply to Flinticus: I would highly recommend Glasgow based Mountaineering Instructor Lawrie Brand who I have previously worked with. You can email him via his UKC profile - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/profile.php?id=47445
 Hyphin 15 May 2015
OP Flinticus 18 May 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

Cheers guys, for all the replies.
 glenngordon 22 May 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

Hi Flinticus,

If I can be of any help then please do get in touch if only to talk over options.

Email glenn@glenngordon.co.uk Tel. 0777 3163279.

I'm able to be flexible with schedules and venues. I live in Bo'ness so Glasgow is no bother.

I'll try to message you directly as well.

Kind regards,

Glenn Gordon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...