UKC

What watch?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john_mx 24 May 2015
Hello just after some advice, I have a sunnto vector at the minute and am looking for a watch that offers a bit more plus a hrm? What is out there and what good and what's not?
 Kai 25 May 2015
In reply to john_mx:

This is what I use:

http://larsonweb.com/blog/?p=939

(Suunto Ambit 2)
OP john_mx 25 May 2015
In reply to Kai:

Thank you for your reply! I found that a relly interesting read! I will be going my outdoor store tomorrow to see if I van get a good look at one! Thank you for your really helpful help!
m0unt41n 25 May 2015
In reply to john_mx:
I have also got an Ambit 2 Sapphire and to repeat

Sapphire worth getting, I had a Suunto X6 before and despite being really carefully the face got scratched and marked.
The Sapphire is unbleamished.

I had a problem with it loosing charge after 6 months, would only last 1 day, Suunto immediately replaced it, but oddly not the strap!

Backlight and alarm work well, they are usually rubbish on Suunto watches

Silly things that the position / location display is all you get, you cannot have it display location and time or anything else and you have to go back through loads of menus to see the time.

Battery really good, week(s) with no GPS, typically 3 days (of 6hr days) with GPS.

The Garmin Fennix 3 looks better with a sapphire option so I guess Suunto will have to bring out a Suunto Ambit 4 soon since the Ambit3 is not much different to the Ambit 2

EDIT: have a look at
http://www.dcrainmaker.com/

Post edited at 09:24
 Indy 25 May 2015
In reply to john_mx:

I've got Fenix 3 and to be quite honest its blown me away with how good it is especially as Garmin was starting to get the reputation for releasing crap and getting paying customers to beta test the product for them. I've got an Edge 810 thats been sat in a draw only having done about 1200 miles as it was such a bug filled bag of shite. Birmingham to London the 810 would route me via Bristol. I'd load a Garmin Connect route starting at Hyde Park Corner and it would insist on starting me from Mile End.

I've always been of the mind that its best to get the designed for bit of tech for the sport your doing so I've got a FR620 for running, Edge 1000 for cycling and Swim for (I'll let you work it out)

I've pretty much stopped using the Swim as the Fenix is so much better. Whereas I still love my FR620 and that is my go to running watch I don't mind using the Fenix if I don't happen to have the FR620 with me. Also I can't see me buying the FR630 unless Garmin produce something absolutely amazing. O.K I don't use the Fenix for cycling.

Add the fitness tracker with alerts to 'move', goals etc and bt phone connectivity for messaging etc all wrapped up in Garmin Connect and the Fenix 3 is an unbeatable package.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...