UKC

Looking for Partner or Guide in Catalunya, Spain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
wima0503 29 May 2015
Hi,

I'm heading to Catalunya, Spain for a quick weekend next weekend. I'm going alone and want climb my face off on the storied rock of the region.

The only problem is that I will be alone and since it's all sport climbing, I need someone to climb with. I am not superhuman strong so I can't show up to a well known crag and ask someone to belay me up 9a. So my options on short notice are pretty much renting a guide or showing up at a moderate climb area and hope for the best.

Does anyone know any reputable guides or local climbing areas or boards where I can go out for a few days and find someone to climb with at a moderate 6a-c level so I can sample the rock out there?

I apprecate it!
 silhouette 29 May 2015
In reply to wima0503:

Catalunya's a big country! Where are you (flying?) to; will you have a car? Roughly what times are you travelling? I'm not being stupid, I just have a few ideas.
 Madblock 31 May 2015
In reply to wima0503:

Silouette, Catalunia is not a country OK I'm being a little pedantic. Wima, its best not to start talking about 9a as it might put people off and its sounds strange if you have no intention of climbing them. There is a massive difference between 6a and 6c. For my pennies you turn up at the refuges in the Sierra de Prades you will find people to climb with for free, if not just walk around the crags the views and area is stunning, or practice how to self belay while you are there. I'm probably coming across as very patronising and obnoxious I do genuinely hope you have a great visit, climbing is awesome and I should get out of my armchair and practice what I am trying to preach
 LeeWood 31 May 2015
In reply to Madblock:

Madblock: Sierra de Prades is not classed as Catalunya but rather Tarragona. Hope that doesn't sound pedantic

Wima: do you mean wkd of 6th June? If you're coming past my front door with a car I'm available

If you want indepence try Lisi Roig - independent qualified guide; she knows catalunya well.

lisiroig@gmail.com
 Mark Eddy 31 May 2015
In reply to LeeWood:

But surely Tarragona is in Catalunya?
 LeeWood 31 May 2015
In reply to A Mountain Journey:

You're right! Maybe Wima willgive greater precision ??
 Madblock 31 May 2015
In reply to LeeWood:

sí estic completament penjador no escolto a mi

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...