UKC

Batura G14 fit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GirlieEyes 01 Jun 2015
Hi there,

I'm not too far away from heading out to the alps for a few weeks and am scratching my head over my crampon fit. I had some real issues in Scotland this winter with my g14's and La Sportiva Baturas. One of my crampons came off half way up a pitch, bit of a nightmare!! It was due to the loose heel section of the crampon and a gap forming between the edge of the crampon and the edge of the boot. Anyone else had the same problem?

Ps I take a UK 8.5!

Cheers Tom
 Andrew Wilson 01 Jun 2015
In reply to GirlieEyes:

The fit of G14's changes dramatically when used as a mono point.
When I bought mine I took my boots to the shop and they fit perfectly. This was with the crampons set as duo points. It was only later after a couple of routes when I realised that the boot sat on the front differently as a mono point due to the point sitting further forward.
My boots were Scarpa Freney GTX.
Not sure how this affects the back of the crampon though.
I set mine up so that I am nearly snapping the rear bail to clip it into the rand!

Andy
 ianstevens 01 Jun 2015
In reply to GirlieEyes:

Mine fit beautifully, in either single or mono, I've got G14s and Batura Evos. What binding are you using?

And dare I say it... but have you adjusted them correctly? Mine are a pretty tight (read: stamp to get them properly on) fit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...