UKC

Austria sport climbing (single/multi)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LukeDclimber 01 Jun 2015
Heading to Austria for the F1 which is in Spielberg in a few weeks. Am planning on staying around afterwards for a week to get some climbing done and am looking for recommendations for sport single and multi-pitch between 6a - 7c (I'm not quite up to 7c fitness but my mate is).

Flights are into/out-of Vienna so Innsbruck is probably a bit too far away. Options so far are (1) Vienna, (2) Graz or (3) Maltatal and/or Kanzianiberg (near Villach).

Thoughts? Any other suggestions? Note also that I've only recently moved from Australia to UK so my definition of hot/cold is still a little different to most Northern Europeans.
 tjekel 04 Jun 2015
In reply to LukeDclimber:

Your best bet between vienna and graz are Höllental (mostly multipitch) and Adlitzgräben (single pitch).

Closer to vienna, Hohe Wand (mainly multipitch) may be a touch hot even considering your migration history, afternoon shade comes around, while peilstein has shade all day.

Alpine, but partially well bolted and cool northfacing stuff is to be found at Gesäuse ... you'll need a rack. Everything from 4-7c and up to 25 pitches.

Th

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...