UKC

Seana Braigh via Strath Vaich

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tim Davies 03 Jun 2015
Just after any info regarding cycling in from the south and accessing the hills from there.

Reasonable track?
Access ok?

Regards

Tim
 skog 03 Jun 2015
In reply to Tim Davies:

The track's good, though I've only cycled in as far as Beinn a'Chaisteil from the South.

I parked by Black Bridge, and had no access problems, but this was in 2008.

This may not be of interest, but you can get closer from the North, up Strath Mulzie. And it -used- to be possible to drive to Corriemulzie Lodge, where there's a "walker's car park"; I haven't been in recently.
 Simon Caldwell 03 Jun 2015
In reply to skog:

You can still drive as far as Corriemulzie Lodge, we were there on Saturday. You could then cycle almost to the foot of the hill if you wanted, though even on foot it's only a 7/8 hour round trip.
 malky_c 03 Jun 2015
In reply to Tim Davies:

I believe the gates to Corriemulzie lodge are only open in the summer, although I don't know the exact dates. When they are locked, you can only drive as far as Duag Bridge (which is still a good few miles less of walking).

Track over from Strathvaich is pretty good all the way into Glen Beag. I have used it a few times for various hills (although not Seana Braigh).
 Simon Caldwell 03 Jun 2015
In reply to malky_c:

I was told (but can't remember who by) that the gate's left open from the end of April until stalking season starts.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...