UKC

Bolting routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TomEvans 04 Jun 2015
I have recently been cleaning my new first ascent in my local area (north wales) it is full trad but i want to put a lower off at the top, so it is less dangerous to lower off a cam and so that my friend that does not lead this grade can top rope it. I was wondering if someone could tell me who do i contact for a permit to drill the rock face and how much a lower off would cost. Also it will not interrupt other routes as mine and a friends route finish at the same place and i have seek permit ion to put a bolt on there off him. If you are wondering where my route is and want a go, please contact me at: tomevans3599@gmail.com as i will be needing second opinions on the grade, i predict it is around an E1.
In reply to TomEvans:

Get hold of the local bolt fund?
Local bmc rep?
OP TomEvans 04 Jun 2015
In reply to sam.sam.sam.ferguson:

thanks man! And by any chance you dont live in north wales do you? need a second opinion on my rote grade
In reply to TomEvans:

Discuss it with Elfyn Jones, BMC Wales Access Officer :
elfyn@thebmc.co.uk

and contact http://northwalesboltfund.webs.com/ (or ask Elfyn for a better bolt fund contact)

p.s. I am in North Wales but would only be able to help with grade if it's significantly below what you think it is

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...