UKC

Holcombe Quarries, Somerset

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ianlaw 19 Jun 2015
Morning,

Does anyone have any up to date information about the routes and protocol for climbing at the Holcombe Quarries? I know access is sensitive and I've read the notes on the BMC RAD, but any specific advice from those who climb there would be appreciated.

Ideally some kind of topo or a document with the route descriptions?

Thanks,

Ian
In reply to ianlaw:

Bump - I'd be interested in info on this too as my parents live very close by here.
In reply to ianlaw:

The owner has planning permission to develop a holiday village similar to Centre Parcs located across both quarries. However despite articles in the local press stating that development would start this summer there were no signs yesterday. Due to a number of, non climbing related, deaths and accidents the wet side is often patrolled by security guards on sunny weekends and during the school holidays. If you keep a low profile and climb at quieter times (evenings, during week etc) you should be OK.

I recommend you park in Stoke St Michael and walk through as there are still problems with car break ins and damage on the lane between the quarries.
OP ianlaw 22 Jun 2015
In reply to Ian Butterworth:

Thanks for you reply, your advice is great.

Does anyone have a topo of any kind?

Ian
In reply to ianlaw:

It's in this guide: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avon-Cheddar-Climbers-Guide-Laminated/dp/0901601756

It'll be a sad day if this place is developed. The Intrinsica wall is one of my favourites...

OP ianlaw 22 Jun 2015
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer:

Thanks. Already have that one, just wondered if there was anything else.

Thank you.
In reply to ianlaw:

I don't know of any topos but there are a few routes which have been developed since the guide most of which can be found by searching through http://www.climbers-club.co.uk/information-summary-list/new-routes-archive/...

Ian

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...