UKC

Cloggy Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chris fox 19 Jun 2015
Heading over to north Wales middle of next week with a friend from overseas and am wondering if anyone has any information regarding the conditions on Cloggy ? It's been a while since I have been there and so would like to know if the bottom is going to be a bog?
Looking at doing Vember and Jelly Roll plus maybe Piggotts and Octo. Any information is much appreciated
 StuLade 19 Jun 2015
In reply to chris fox:

It definitely rained up there on Wednesday as I was planning a trip up yesterday. Not tonnes but a fair amount. It's generally been quite dry I think prior to that so if it stays dry there should be some stuff in nick. Vember's first pitch takes a good while to dry out but can be done wet if you're feeling adventurous. Piggot's top pitch takes ages to dry out, I went on what I thought would be a bone dry day and it was still a bit slimy in parts. Octo I reckon would be ok though. Not too sure about Jelly Roll.
OP chris fox 19 Jun 2015
In reply to StuLade:

Thanks Saint, I've done Piggots and Octo before, so know what i'm in for up on the last pitch/ledge around to Octo.

I'll keep an eye on the weather. Got a day at Cromlech and another at Wen Zawn on the list so see how it all pans out.

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...