UKC

CV section on Mountain Training Profile - help needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Currently going through the ML(s) and SPA processes. Have my ML(s) training in two weeks and really excited! I am getting my DLOG and CMS profile in order and tidied up.

Now, as a youngster my parents always took me hiking for as long as I can remember and summited the Ben at 8. It involved trips to the lakes every Easter and October and other various places for hiking, scrambling and easy climbing. This went on right until I left home at 18. I cannot however remember all the hills and walks we did, but I know we did a hell of a lot of Wainwrights. I can remember some stand out occassions though like in the latter years, the nav was often left to me due to their failing eyes.

So my question is what do people put in the CV section? Should I put the above into prose and add that? Has anybody an example I could look at?

Cheers.
In reply to stucknortherner:

Create a list of all the routes you can remember and upload them to the CV section with a little description of what you can remember from each one. I wouldn't write war and peace over stuff you can barely remember.

Get filling out your Dlog in the mean time - it looks really pretty with the pie charts etc!

good luck. hope you have fun on your ML training.
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

Yeha cheers. The DLOG is in enough order to do the training, but my general admin skills are terrible. Potentially the DLOG is something to discuss with the trainer me thinks...
In reply to stucknortherner:

yeah, you will (should) be given feedback at the end of the course to tell you what you need to do in order to be ready for a ssessment and this will include advice about your logbook. No Assessor I've met wants to read anything more than a few words about your QMDs!

My admin was no better than yours but now it's all online, I am better at keeping it up-to-date. It took a few weeks to get everything transferred/remembered from years ago but It's getting there - it takes time, but it's worth it if you can log it all on Dlog. It's an evolving thing and it cannot get lost!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...