UKC

Recommended children's harness?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Khumbu8000 23 Jun 2015
I am looking to buy a harness for my sprogs...7 and 3. Any recommendations or any to flog. Many thanks
 sbc23 23 Jun 2015
In reply to Khumbu8000:

Edelrid fraggle for the little one. Not sure on the 7 year old, but definitely buy one harness each. It's a real pain otherwise and they get bored very quickly.

Steve
pete82 24 Jun 2015
In reply to Khumbu8000:

We have a petzl ousiti for our 3 year old, that's pretty good. For the older one, try a Black Diamond Wiz Kid - have one for my 6 yo, no complaints.
 LastBoyScout 24 Jun 2015
In reply to Khumbu8000:

I have 2 Singing Rock full body harnesses, similar to the Petzl Ouistiti, that I bought for Cubs and my little God-daughter.

Then moved on to an Edelrid sit harness - think it is a Finn. Version I have I find the waist belt a bit short and a struggle to get over hips at the top end of the size, as you can't undo it, although once on it's fine.
Andrew Kin 24 Jun 2015
In reply to Khumbu8000:

Another eldrid user here. Not sure of the model but its fluo green colour. Daughter is very skinny and got hers when she was 7. Bought from Go Outdoors, it seemed a few were wearing the same harness at the BMC YCS finals as well.

Jim Walton 24 Jun 2015
In reply to Khumbu8000:

I have the DMM Tom Kitten for my 6yr old. It's a full body harness and is easy to fit him in and he has not complained about being in it.
 herbe_rouge 24 Jun 2015
In reply to Khumbu8000:

Our seven year old uses a Black Diamond. It's clearly comfortable, he stays in it all day and often forgets to take it off before we go to the pub.
 Roland.Online 24 Jun 2015
In reply to Khumbu8000:

I have a DMM Tom Kitten full body harness for sale: originally bought in 2013 for my daughter who has now upgraded to a DMM Tom Cat sit harness.

The DMM Tom Kitten has wider straps/tape than the Petzl Ouistiti and also has padding on the leg loops, which the Ouistiti doesn't. The Tom Kitten was perfect for her as a small 4 year-old, she was very happy with it.

It's been used only indoors, no damage, excellent condition.

From DMM:
Size: Slide-lock adjustable buckles; waist 30-62 cm (12-24 in), leg 23-55 cm (9-22 in), torso 45-70 cm (18-28 in)
Weight: up to 40 kg

I would sell for £30 inc. UK postage. PM me if you're interested.

Cheers
Roland
 nightclimber 24 Jun 2015
In reply to Khumbu8000:

Used Petzl full body harnesses with all my kids, which lasted for years with little sign of wear. The one thing I'd add is to look at the recommended user weight, max and min, and not just age guidance, as not all kids conform to European norms in terms of size.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...