UKC

PH Designs Minimus and Minix Sleeping bags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Parson 24 Jun 2015
I'm looking at getting a new sleeping bag for using bivvying in the summer and in a tent in autumn. Trying to save weight as much as possible and wondered whether anyone had experience of these sleeping bags compared to something like Rab Neutrino 200?
 Bob 24 Jun 2015
In reply to Parson:

I've a PHD Minimus 300 (got it in the spring sale) but only used it for one night so far. Used it with a bivvy bag under a tarp on a damp cool night and it was warm enough for me. Out this Sat night with it - will report back
 due 26 Jun 2015
In reply to Parson:

Not had chance to use it in anger yet, but I bought the Minix with the same intentions as yourself and it seems perfect. Weighed mine at 670g (long version including the stuffsack) - very reasonable, as was the cost.

I'm wondering if it might be a bit too warm for the height of summer, but it's still lighter than my 1 season synthetic bag.
 galpinos 26 Jun 2015
In reply to Parson:

I've had a Minim 300 for 4 years now, bought in one of the sales. Was initially my mountain marathon bag but is now used for evrything apart from winter camping. Mines not got a zip and had a water resistant outer, I'd get a half zip for summer use.
 Mark Haward 26 Jun 2015
In reply to Parson:

Love my Minimus. Mostly used for alpine bivvy up to 3,500 metres.
 StuDoig 26 Jun 2015
In reply to Parson:

I've one of the minimus / minum range bought in one of their sales. I use it year round no problem (though only bothying rather than camping this winter). No Zip, so bit of a pain to get into / out of at first, but I do find it toasty warm. I think it's zero degrees rated.

Can't comment on / compare to the Neutrino though.

Cheers,

STuart
 RhysRolfe 27 Jun 2015
In reply to Parson:
I find the minimus a bit cold for UK 2 season use and take the minim 300 90% of the time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...