UKC

Osprey Talon 22 v Stratos 26?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ardo 27 Jun 2015
After a day pack for walking, possibly lightweight wild camping and narrowed down to the two in the title. I've tried them both on, but need to try when in less of a rush and have the time to work out what all the straps on the Stratos do! So anyone got any reviews/experience of either/both?
ultrabumbly 27 Jun 2015
In reply to nrhardy:

are you sure you would never want to use it as a climbing sac too? Not sure with either of those that you'd want the belt pockets if so and I think the Talon is maybe a little lightweight fabric wise for rubbing against rocks more than once in a blue moon. I think it is the same material as my Exos 58.

I'm not that sure that you would need to spend quite that much for a pack of that size unless you were going to climb with it, subject it to loads of abrasion, or run with it. You aren't going to be carrying so much in it that the back system will matter at all I guess.

22l is maybe a little small for even a one night wild camp unless you are going to pack your sleeping bag in a compression sack. Adding the weight of that you might as well start looking at something like the slightly larger Exos 38 . The lid detaches on the 38 for an even smaller pack it might be worth a look and a think whether it would be more versatile for you for a little more money and the same ball park weight.
OP Ardo 28 Jun 2015
In reply to ultrabumbly:

Thanks for reply, but definitely not required for climbing and don't need 38 litres. On weight alone, I would plump for the Talon though having seen the Stratos it seems like a very comfortable pack for the extra weight.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...