UKC

Shorts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 30 Jun 2015
Any good cycling shorts that meet the follow criteria?

No padding (my daily commute doesn't require it)
Just above knee length
Not slim fit but not excessively baggy either
Not too many pockets (I don't want to look like I'm wearing 3/4 length nu-metal trousers)
Water resistance would be good but not waterproof (these fabrics feel to cold and plasticky)
No pastel colours (nothing that would suggest 'Topman')

Cheers
 elsewhere 30 Jun 2015
In reply to Flinticus:
Shorts you can cycle in rather than cycling shorts
http://www.screwfix.com/p/site-setter-service-shorts-black-34-w/18717
 TobyA 30 Jun 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

> Any good cycling shorts that meet the follow criteria?

> No padding (my daily commute doesn't require it)

If you don't want padding why not just get any shorts you like? Some stretchy synthetic trekking ones will do the job fine. I don't really get what makes a cycling short if you take away the padding.
 nufkin 30 Jun 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

You could do worse than a pair of Prana Mojos - they tick your boxes apart from water resistance-ness, but they do dry pretty quick. I've used them for cycling for ages.

Plus you can climb in them
 Stig 01 Jul 2015
In reply to Flinticus: the best shorts I have fit this description - Altura - they are about a decade old and still going strong despite several crashes.

They do have a pad but it's a thin one and I wear cycling shorts under them for a 20mile round trip commute.

Obviously I don't know if Altura still do something similar to these shorts but it would be worth a look.

girlymonkey 01 Jul 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

I have a womens version of these which I am loving. They are not really water resistant, but very fast drying. They are very cool in this hot weather
 AlisonSmiles 01 Jul 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

I have a pair of Howie's (womens) which may be worth a look at for the men's version. Tough cotton with some kind of water repellant impregnation going on. They look kind of normal.
 girlymonkey 01 Jul 2015
In reply to girlymonkey:

Oops, I forgot to put in the link! These ones!
http://www.bergzeit.co.uk/ortovox-el-hierro-shorts-blue-ocean-absolute-gree...
OP Flinticus 01 Jul 2015
Elsewhere: These look great and at that price...I will get them

Thanks for all the suggestions. The Howie's were a close second but lost out on the price.

(I generally hate all trekking shorts)
 thedatastream 01 Jul 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

Not cheap but Alpinestars "Manual" or "Drop" shorts are great. No padding, well cut, comfy, cool. SportsPursuit had them on cheap a while back, I wish I'd picked up more pairs!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...