UKC

The Tour......place your bets...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 abr1966 03 Jul 2015
As there doesn't seem to be a TDF thread yet....
Predictions/bets!
1 Froome
2 Bertie
3 TJ
 balmybaldwin 03 Jul 2015
In reply to abr1966:

Quintana
Froome
Contador

tim000 03 Jul 2015
In reply to abr1966:

1 froome
2 Quintana
3contador
 The New NickB 03 Jul 2015
In reply to abr1966:

Does nobody think Nibali has a chance?
 balmybaldwin 03 Jul 2015
In reply to The New NickB:

> Does nobody think Nibali has a chance?

Maybe, but his performances have been a bit below par this year (and I still have nagging doubts about team)
 Chris the Tall 03 Jul 2015
In reply to abr1966:

Froome, Bertie, Quintana, nibbles, Pinot

Except 2 of them will crash out

Zubeldia to be somewhere in the top ten, but be completely invisible
 veteye 03 Jul 2015
In reply to abr1966:

Not having satellite TV and hardly watching terrestrial TV I am not sure where to watch the Tour.It was best for me when it was on channel 4. It is one of the few things that I like to watch if I can catch it. If I could just buy Eurosport I would buy that on its own..for some of the motorsport etc that is on there.
 Alun 03 Jul 2015
In reply to abr1966:

I don't particularly like any of them, but Froome is the least tainted by drugs, so I'll be backing him. In terms of what I think the result will be:

1) The cheat (sadly)
2) Froome-dog
3) The "jury's still out" colombian

Nibali to crash out during week one.
 Alun 03 Jul 2015
In reply to balmybaldwin:

I don't understand why so few people see Contador as the favourite. I predict he will wipe the floor with everybody on two key summit finishes, and we all get to wonder why.
 Escher 03 Jul 2015
In reply to Alun:

Something to do with him having the giro in his legs and no-one doing the double since Pantani?
 veteye 03 Jul 2015
In reply to Escher:

and look at what happened to him in the end.
 balmybaldwin 04 Jul 2015
In reply to Alun:

> I don't particularly like any of them, but Froome is the least tainted by drugs, so I'll be backing him. In terms of what I think the result will be:

Has there been a wiff around quintana then? I hadn't heard anything? I have high hopes for him
 Alun 04 Jul 2015

> Has there been a wiff around quintana then? I hadn't heard anything? I have high hopes for him

No wiff about Quintana, but Colombian cycling is general is slightly wiffy, and he rides for a Spanish team, which is very wiffy. The Spanish attitude to doping in general is very slack - Valverde, for example, is a very popular over here, whereas in Britain or France he would have been pilloried for his drugs ban.
 Alun 04 Jul 2015
In reply to Escher:

> Something to do with him having the giro in his legs and no-one doing the double since Pantani?

I sincerely hope you're right and he demonstrates to us that the Giro-Tour double is too hard in the non-doping era (or, at least, he makes it look difficult).

My worry is that he will do his usual thing on the summit finishes, and nobody will ask him any questions.
 balmybaldwin 04 Jul 2015
In reply to veteye:
You should be able to get itv4 as a digital terrestrial channel. If not you can get it online (maybe not live).

I believe Eurosport do an online only subscription service now
And you'll always find something on steep hill.TV
Post edited at 10:33
 balmybaldwin 04 Jul 2015
In reply to Alun:

Great. I thought astana were on a final warning. Can't they just revoke the licence now?
 tim000 04 Jul 2015
not broken the rules .only some made up rules by a group of teams who think the rules aren't tuff enough.
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/racing/tour-de-france/astana-awaiting-decisi...
Post edited at 12:15
 balmybaldwin 04 Jul 2015
In reply to tim000:

I thought adhering to the mpcc was part of the terms of their suspended sentence?
OP abr1966 04 Jul 2015

Dennis takes the win....honours pretty even amongst the GC riders although Nibali gained a wee bit...
 balmybaldwin 04 Jul 2015
In reply to abr1966:

Spoilers on the other thread please
 mike123 05 Jul 2015
In reply to veteye:

> Not having satellite TV and hardly watching terrestrial TV I am not sure where to watch the Tour.It was best for me when it was on channel 4. It is one of the few things that I like to watch if I can catch it. If I could just buy Eurosport I would buy that on its own..for some of the motorsport etc that is on there.
Quite good roundup/highlights on the itv player app. I usually watch it late on in the evening or early in the morning the following day.
 veteye 05 Jul 2015
In reply to Fuzzy Logic:

Thank you.I don't suppose that I need to understand Welsh,just watch the cycling!
 veteye 05 Jul 2015
In reply to mike123:

I might try that, although my Sony TV does not have access to ITV's catch up TV.Will watch on the computer perhaps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...