UKC

Single sport climber in France- Where to go to?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
wima0503 09 Jul 2015
Hi,

I recently found out I will have 10 days free at the end of July and I want to use them to go climb. I'm already in France and want to know if any one knows of a place I can just show up at (possibly a camping spot) and find potential partners to go climb sport. I don't have a car so I would like to go to a place where there are a lot of climbs easily accessible. I've done this before in SE Asia no prob but never in Europe.

Given the high temps of summer, I think the alps would probably be the best but not sure if an actual spot. I heard that the Ailefroide camping is pretty cool and near a bunch of sport routes but I'm not sure if there is much of a scene there or if the sport climbing is within walking distance.

Any one have any experience in showing up at a cool place and finding climbs and partners plentiful in mid-summer?

Would really appreciate the help!
 GridNorth 09 Jul 2015
In reply to wima0503:
I can't think of a better place than Ailfroide. There's plenty of limestone within a short distance for when you get "slabbed out". Not within walking distance I might add and the campsite will be full of climbers.

Al
Post edited at 12:34
 simonzxr 09 Jul 2015
In reply to wima0503:

Ceuse would fit the bill. Almost everyone stays at the campsite below the crag. It's high, so a summer venue. You won't have trouble finding partners or getting a lift to Gap for food. Oh yes, and the climbing is awesome!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...