UKC

Chamonix climbing partner

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
JVogel 17 Jul 2015
Hi,

I live between London (where I work as an NHS doctor) and Le Tour, where I have a flat. I am looking for a regular partner for climbs (rock/alpine) of a degree of difficulty 4-5 or AD/D-.

I am a fit 63 year old and have extensive climbing experience in the Alps, Rockies and Hindu Kush.

Kind regards,

John
e-mail : johnvogel2@mac.com
 osheye 20 Jul 2015
In reply to JVogel:

hi , would i be any use to you , never done high up stuff , been 3 times in march (a bit late)low down ice and bit of skiing , arbonium at kandersteg with mate from switzerland being a highlight , i've always driven in my van , owen
 aramistonks 29 Jul 2015
In reply to JVogel:

Hi John, i'm interested generally, i live in Northampton but work in London (which hospital do you work at?) I'm keen to start doing some independent stuff in the Alps. I did the trois Monts last year and am keen to do more technical high altitude stuff.
 bogpetre 16 Aug 2015
In reply to JVogel:

Hi John

I can't offer to climb with you regularly, but I'll be in Chamonix between the 11th and 25th, possibly a bit later, looking to climb routes in your range. If you haven't found someone regular by that point, let me know.

I've exclusively climbed in the US, with most of my experience on rock and water ice, but some alpine, including snow and technical rock routes above 4000m. I'm looking to get as much technical snow and ice experience as possible given conditions this year, mainly around AD, and hopefully some D.

Good luck either way,

Bogdan
 HammondR 17 Aug 2015
In reply to JVogel:
Hello John

Are you only looking for a summer partner? I will be in Chamonix for 4 months from 4th January 2016. Though mainly skiing and touring I am keen to climb as often as possible when conditions are good. I am a strip of a lad at 56! Who knows, I could be talked into staying out there a bit longer.

Regards

Richard

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...