UKC

Signalkuppe - Traverse of the tops route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Has anyone on here done this route? Any info/advice or tips that may help?
Cheers, Terrance.
 jon 21 Jul 2015
In reply to Terrance Glancy:

Yes. Do them S > N - very obvious when you're there - using Gnifetti and then if you stay in Margherita you can add Dufour and Nordend the next day with a descent to the Monta Rosa hut. That way you can tick all ten tops in 2 - 3 days. Fabulous!
 MG 21 Jul 2015

Note the Lys glacier is unusually crevassed just now. A good track still but lots of jumps.
In reply to jon:

Thank you Jon. So you mean take the western flank direct to Signalkuppe, then take in the summits on the return?

Cheers, Terrance.
In reply to MG:

Thank you very much.
cb294 21 Jul 2015

I´m not Jon, but the usual thing is to do as many of the minor summits as you can be bothered with on the way up from Rifugio Gnifetti (I´d go with Pyramide Vincent and Ludwigshöhe, forget Balmenhorn, Corno Nero, etc.... ), traverse Parrotspitze and stay at Signalkuppe/ Margharita hut.

Next day, traverse Zumsteinspitze, Dufourspitze (getting across is the most tricky part) and Nordend, and descend on the Swiss side.

Great tour if acclimatised,

CB
 jon 21 Jul 2015

> So you mean take the western flank direct to Signalkuppe, then take in the summits on the return?

No, I mean what CB says. If you're not bothered with ticking off all the summits do exactly what he says. If you are then you can do Punta Giordani from the lift system and go to Gnifetti. You could link it to Pyramide Vincent if you want. Then next day all the ones CB mentions. Balmenhorn is on your way and has a little bivvy hut you can have a picnic in. If you're not intending to do Dufour then do Zumstein after Signalkuppe, as you are on your way down.

In reply to cb294:

Thank you CB. Sounds like a great outing. I will do it.
In reply to jon:

This is great info, thank you Jon.
 chris bedford 23 Jul 2015

The Giordani - Vincent traverse is fun, could either do from the lift to Gnifetti hut, or (as we did) Gnifetti to Margherita:

http://www.camptocamp.org/outings/653717/en/pyramide-vincent-traversee-se-n...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...