UKC

Recomendations on Summer underwear for newbie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
rbannocks 21 Jul 2015
Hi,

I am going to be doing some hilwalking soon, and looking for recomendations on the best underwear for this hot weather. I have been just walking a bit more around London and the groin gets quite sweatty.......

So , specifically for this kind of hot weather I wonder if anyone has recomendations to offer, interms of brands, materials and designs...

Best

RB
 Trangia 21 Jul 2015
In reply to rbannocks:

It's very much a peronal choice and may depend on trial and error. I've experimented with both cotton boxers and briefs and the results vary from trip to trip.

If chaffing occurs, I find rubbing vaseline into your groin helps a lot, and if it's very sore then Germolene is excellent.
rbannocks 21 Jul 2015
In reply to Trangia:

Yes chafing does occour and I forgot to mention this. But some fabric types and brand names and competitors to get started would be very helpfull.

RB
 Giles Davis 21 Jul 2015
In reply to rbannocks:

Helly Hansen base layer underpants / boxers are good. Quick drying and as far as I recall . . . . no chaffing :-/
In reply to rbannocks:

> I am going to be doing some hilwalking soon, and looking for recomendations on the best underwear for this hot weather. I have been just walking a bit more around London and the groin gets quite sweatty.......

The simplest solution is to go hill walking in Scotland. Then you don't need to worry about hot weather.
 SenzuBean 21 Jul 2015
In reply to rbannocks:

Always enjoyed wearing underarmor synthetic long briefs . Long length is important to protect the upper thighs, and I find it breathes very well.
 John Kelly 21 Jul 2015
In reply to rbannocks:

You could try a kilt, air cooled, very fashionable in the north and perfect in the current heatwave
 Timmd 21 Jul 2015
In reply to rbannocks:

Something synthetic and long in the leg without fabric which can runkle and bunch seems to be what gets good reviews from reading around.
Removed User 21 Jul 2015
In reply to rbannocks:
Decathlon Kakenji are great, they wick the sweat away and don't hold the smell!

johnboybuchan 24 Jul 2015
In reply to rbannocks:

Paramo trunks are comfortable and wick well. RAB do something similar and are usually stocked by Go Outdoors.
 blurty 24 Jul 2015
In reply to johnboybuchan:

Yep, RAB Meco boxers - really good. Got several pairs.
 eltankos 24 Jul 2015
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

Midges but.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...