UKC

Lakes Camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 leon 26 Jul 2015
Can anyone recommend a decent campsite in the lakes around langdale conniston area?

Looking for reasonable amenaties & good nights sleep. I'll be driving. Don't need a local pub as climbing partner doesn't drink.

Thanks
Leon
 StevieH 26 Jul 2015
In reply to leon:

Hi Leon, National trust campsite in Langdale is a good bet and has a good pub within walking distance and has wi-fi for checking weather etc...

Bays brown campsite lower down the valley near chapel stile is probably a bit more family orientated and quiet.

The large campsite in Coniston has a lovely position but can get rowdy!
 Dark-Cloud 26 Jul 2015
In reply to StevieH:

Second the NT Langdale site, its a magic place to be on a sunny evening.

The Coniston campsite is best avoided at all costs, you only have to walk through it on a morning too see what sort of place it is, discarded Stella cans, old BBQ's and general detritus strewn around......
OP leon 26 Jul 2015
In reply to leon:

Thanks guys. The NT campsite it is.
J1234 26 Jul 2015
In reply to leon:

The NT campsite is like a canvas slum and mega expensive, there is another NT campsite at http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/local-to-you/north-west/places-to-sta... which is far better though I did have a bad do there once with rowdies or try, http://www.scarrhead.co.uk/location.htm never stopped but I have walked past many times and sense it will be quiet.
 Dark-Cloud 26 Jul 2015
In reply to Que Sera Sera:

Which NT one are you talking about ? Langdale or Coniston ?
J1234 26 Jul 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

I do not like Lansdale, well run, but just not my cup of tea
NT Hoathwaite can be great, but IME due to low staff numbers cannot deal with rowdies.
If I was to camp now I would try Scarrhead, but I rarely camp now as I have access to climbing Huts which are cheaper and better
 Andy Manthorpe 29 Jul 2015
In reply to leon:

Bays Brown Farm in Langdale the one I use. Cheaper and quieter than the National Trust site.
 GrahamD 29 Jul 2015
In reply to Andy Manthorpe:

> Bays Brown Farm in Langdale the one I use. Cheaper and quieter than the National Trust site.

Depending when you go ! it can get totally rammed whereas the NT sight limits numbers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...