UKC

rockfax guidebook gorges de tarn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 coldfell 27 Jul 2015
Does anyone know where or if the rockfax guide book can be found in the Tarn/Jonte area. Thanks for any info,there is so much rock around but most of it seems hard in the local guides.
 steve taylor 27 Jul 2015
In reply to coldfell:

Rockfax Languedoc Roussillon guide...
 winhill 27 Jul 2015
In reply to coldfell:

The Tarn guides are definitive, aren't they?

So there is unlikely to be easier Tarn stuff in Rockfax.
 GDes 27 Jul 2015
In reply to coldfell:
There are way more routes and crags in the local guides than rockfall. Try boffi, lots of good easy stuff there
 Rog Wilko 27 Jul 2015
In reply to coldfell:

This is just my opinion, but I think the Gorges de Tarn area (and much of southern France west of the Rhone) is pretty rubbish for easy sport routes. What I've come across there is not very inspiring. I bought the Rockfax guide a few years ago but regard it as a waste of money for me. If anyone wants to buy it from me, it's in good nick. East of the Rhone is a different story.
OP coldfell 27 Jul 2015
In reply to GDes:

Thanks for info and Boffi tip. We bought the local definitive tarn guide which we found out too late that it was all dead hard! There are many other separate guides for other areas but we thought the Rockfax would cover all of them. Incidentally we arrived here after fleeing thunderstorms in the Ariege for which area we have the excellent rockfax guide. Cheers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...