UKC

Climbing with kids in vercors

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gingernick 28 Jul 2015
Staying in autrans for ten days. Anyone able to help recommend somewhere local for climbing single pitch for the kids. Any clues where I could pick up a guide book. Thanks
 AdrianC 28 Jul 2015
In reply to gingernick:

I recall there being some sport climbing at Lans-en-Vercors. Can't remember how child friendly but it might be worth checking out and I'd guess you'd find a topo in the local sport shops. Sorry that's a bit vague!
 Exile 29 Jul 2015
In reply to gingernick:

If you go up the D106L, the road out of Lans-en-Vecors up to the ski area (I think, from memory and google maps!) you can park at an obvious spot near the big right hand hairpin, walk along a dirt track and you'll come to two very well bolted slabs on the left with routes between 3 and 5 on them, we found these excellent for our lads when we were out there. They do get busy though as they are used for groups. I think we found out about them in the tourist info in Lans-en-Vecores.
 Andy Manthorpe 29 Jul 2015
In reply to Exile:

You should be able to buy the topos in the sport shop in Lans en Vercours.
Bogwalloper 29 Jul 2015
In reply to gingernick:

I remember years ago taking the kids to Rocher Combeauvieux near Villard - up behind Correncon. Short, but really safe and lots of 4's.

http://www.camptocamp.org/sites/102609/fr/correncon-rochers-de-combeauvieux

Boggy
OP gingernick 29 Jul 2015
In reply to Bogwalloper:

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...