UKC

Recommend me a north wales campsite

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Šljiva 11 Aug 2015
Hi,
Planning a few days in Wales at the beginning of September to visit Tremadog and Gogarth if the weather plays ball - and also maybe something on slate or in the pass. I usually camp at Eric's but would prefer something with better facilities as I'll be staying a few nights, and maybe nearer (short walk) to a pub or somewhere else with good food. Any ideas?
 Owen W-G 11 Aug 2015
In reply to Šljiva:

The one in Nant Peris is very basic. Showers a bit depressing. No loo roll supplied. On a positive, £5 a night and opposite a good pub. Good for a night or two.

You can camp up near south stack somewhere, again basic but handy for the obligatory late finishes at gogarth.

The best I've stayed at is about a mile from bethgellet. v beautiful site with great facilities but probably busy with families this time of year and pricey. Kinda half way between pen y pass and erics. If lucky you could pitch near the stream at far end of site.
 Ann S 11 Aug 2015
In reply to Šljiva:

On the road from Capel Curig to Betws there is good basic facilities campsite on the right. Pay at the big farmhouse on the left. 10 mins walk to the pubs in Capel; the farmer runs a tidy ship and I have seen him throw 4 young rowdies off the site. Take a midge net.

d_b 11 Aug 2015
In reply to Ann S:

That's "Dolgam"? I have stayed there loads over the years & always had a good time.

Don't camp by the river if it is raining, as the bottom of the site floods.

robhorton 11 Aug 2015
In reply to Šljiva:

Anglesey Outdoors is quite nice for Gogarth.
 Ann S 11 Aug 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

Good call about the river!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...