UKC

FS: VW Transporter 1.9TD 800 Special - Camper/Day

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Snax 17 Aug 2015

premier post photo
I'm selling my much loved white Transporter 1.9TD 800 Special Camper-van.

The van was registed in August 1997 and is on a R plate, she has done just under 140K and I've had her for five trouble free years. There are some rust patches on the outside, nothing major although she is far from mint and could do with a good polish. Prior to me buying her she was an electricians van, so has only had light use.

Inside there is a half bulkhead and standard 1+2 seats in the front, a new CD player with bluetooth and USB/iPod connectivity. The drivers seat has a couple of small holes in the inca fabric. Wind deflectors fitted to front windows.

In the back I've fully insulted with lambs wool and kingspan, carpeted and then fitted a self build plywood bench seat, table and bed, it isn't fancy, but works really well. I'm happy to leave this in or remove it if you prefer. However it's a great base for using now, or as your own camper/day van project, I've slept in the van in the middle of winter in Scotland and been toasty warm. I've configured the camper conversion to easily accommodate two bikes in the back, and you can fit three with some jiggling.

Engine - Happily cruses at 70mph, I do a lot of long motorway trips, and she just goes... However, blows a little white smoke on the first start of the day, which can be a little slow, you have to give it a good crank, but it starts first time, after she has been run, she starts easily for the rest of the day. Just had a new alternator fitted last week. New breaks and heater plugs fitted two months ago. Recent Cam-belt change. Mud+Snow tyres on all corners. MOT'ed until December 2015.

Currently based in Inverness, but I'm happy to deliver within the UK for return travel costs.

£3,300 ONO
Post edited at 15:29
 stuart58 18 Aug 2015
In reply to Snax:

Do u have any more pics

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...