UKC

Lundy fishing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chris m fisher 25 Aug 2015
So I hear the climbing on Lundy is great but.... anyone know what the fishing's like?

Have heard about the areas you can't fish in etc. Just wondered whether anyone has any experience in the areas where fishing's permitted, basically is it worth taking kit over?

Would just be looking at taking spinning kit over.

Cheers.
 IainWhitehouse 25 Aug 2015
In reply to chris m fisher:

I haven't been for a few years but it always used to be very worhtwhile taking spinning gear for Mackerel. I always found it unusally easy to catch them presumably because it isn't heavily fished round there. I/we caught enough to feed the whole Barn for dinner in one afternoon/evening. Not sure about other species but I saw a monster shoal of Bass(?) from the other side of the island when I was last there.
 DerwentDiluted 26 Aug 2015

Theres an angling spot at North light, from the amount of seals there I'd guess there's either lots of fish or no fish!
 Trangia 26 Aug 2015

The whole island is a Marine Nature Reserve

http://www.wildlifetrusts.org/MCZ/lundy

I am not an angler, so have no idea how fishing in these waters is restricted, but no doubt you will contact them for further advice.
 Dave Garnett 26 Aug 2015
In reply to Trangia:

I think the west coast area is ok for angling, the east coast is a 'no take' area by any method.
 Offwidth 26 Aug 2015
In reply to Trangia:

A month back, the east coast was the main banned area, except the jetty. Plenty of fishing to be had within the rules now, as people have said above.
 Adam Long 26 Aug 2015

There are some carp in the quarry pond too.
Cheers all, sounds like it'll be worth a go then!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...