UKC

Will anywhere be dry this weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 knighty 27 Aug 2015
Right all, crystal balls at the ready..

Will any climbing destination (in the UK) be dry this lovely bank holiday weekend?!

Currently the driest place looks like the Peak...

I realise that forecasts change and that no one knows. Where is everyone else taking a punt on?

Knighty
 Trangia 27 Aug 2015
In reply to knighty:

SE will be dry on Saturday
 tehmarks 27 Aug 2015
In reply to knighty:

If I could find a partner (everyone is inexplicably busy!) I'd be heading to the Peak. Last I checked the forecast wasn't too bad, and there's a decent amount of stuff which will dry quickly. Instead I'm off to Swanage tomorrow to hopefully do Benny, where the forecast is predicting blazing sunshine all day and it only keeps improving every time I refresh
 tehmarks 27 Aug 2015
In reply to Trangia:

Do you have any good crag recommendations in the SE...?
 Trangia 27 Aug 2015
In reply to tehmarks:

Why Southern Sandstone of course - God's own rock!

It is also possible that Swanage will remain dry over the weekend.

Bowles is probably the most likely to be in condition as it is the quickest drying.

Best check the weather forecast late on Friday night.
 tehmarks 27 Aug 2015
In reply to Trangia:

Ah, God must have bought a holiday home in the south. Probably got bored of all the rain in Hathersage.

As Trangia said, Saturday looks to have a reasonable chance of being dry in Swanage with the current forecast. Sunday could go either way.
 Toerag 27 Aug 2015
In reply to knighty:

It's going to be dry for our climbing festival here in sunny Guernsey - nip down to Poole/Portsmouth and jump on a ferry, or Gatwick/Soton and jump on a plane
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=621239
OP knighty 01 Sep 2015
In reply to knighty:
The answer was Pembroke! Dry during the day all weekend (but only because we went to St Davids on Sunday).

Glorious climbing.
 CurlyStevo 01 Sep 2015
In reply to knighty:

it was dry Saturday and Sunday in the Yorkshire dales (bar one shower Saturday), Monday was lush in Edinburgh.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...