UKC

Vanoise massif mountaineering/ice climbing guide books (if any)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
aaronjbrowning 28 Aug 2015
hey hey!
So im moving out to la plagne and know of all these great mountains such as; Grande Motte, Mont Pourri and Grande Casse...... However!
For the life of me I cant find any guide book for the surrounding mountains on the internet and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction?
I know there routes to the summits as found on www.summitpost.org but no word on a guide book.
Would just like to have one so as to do some planning before I head off!

please help!
Thanks
 Bob Aitken 28 Aug 2015
In reply to aaronjbrowning:

Yes, that's the standard current guide. It's excellent: a good mix of standard mountaineering routes and modern climbs, up to date with changing glacier conditions, which have had substantial effects in the Vanoise as elsewhere.

To the best of my knowledge there's been no climbers' guide in English to the Tarentaise side of the Vanoise for about half a century - there's a challenge for you. It's always worth picking up the National Park summer news-sheet 'L'Estive' which gives you all the current info on hut opening dates, contact phone numbers etc, for CAF and private huts as well as the Park ones.
aaronjbrowning 28 Aug 2015
In reply to Bob Aitken:

thanks guys I will look into getting the guid and it might even help me brush up on my French! also got to love a challenge!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...