UKC

Briancon /Orpierre Area Gite Recommendations for the autumn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 30 Aug 2015
We are looking to spend three weeks somewhere around Briancon and the same at Orpierre - late September to early November. If anyone has any recommendations for self-catering apts, gites etc. I would appreciate any pointers.

Cheers,

Chris
 bof 30 Aug 2015
In reply to Chris Craggs:
Hi, we have visited Orpierre on a number of occasions and always stay at Gite le Quiquillon owned by Paul & Eliane Brouchon. They only speak French but you can book via the Tourist Office . Details can be found on the Orpierre web site. If you need any further info let me know . Also for the Briancon area I know Allan Sanderson stayed in that area a few times so might be worth chatting to him.
Pete & Chris
Post edited at 21:35

Hi Chris

I live just outside briancon,
For self catering look at alpbase.com, alp sun, or alpine playground, all good options

There are A few gites I would recommend, just away from home for a few days and can't remember their name exactly, will drop you a line in a few days, or you can email me at rob@dream-trails.com

Cheers
OP Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 31 Aug 2015
In reply to ecrinscollective:

To Bof and Marmot,

cheers for those replies - really helpful,

Chris
 chrisprescott 31 Aug 2015

We've stayed at AlpSun in Les Vigneaux 3 or 4 times, good location between Briancon and Aillefroide, nice self catered apartments and reasonably priced. Helen is who you want to speak to. The website doesn't seem to be working but it's on Facebook here - https://www.facebook.com/pages/AlpSuncom/124594900912660?fref=ts
 Martin Bennett 31 Aug 2015

If you don't have any success with the above personal recommendations try the airbnb website https://www.airbnb.co.uk/
I'm just looking for places at La Berarde and/or Aix en Provence for this Autumn and it was recommended to me. Not booked anything yet but it does look a good source.
Might bump into you in S France then?
pippac 11 Sep 2015

We have great self-catering apts Chris, with beautiful big garden and great BBQ, on the edge of Briançon, right in the heart of it all. Easy access, 5 mins to the centre of town and perfectly located for heading in all directions. Our house is a beautiful old converted farmhouse. www.alpsholiday.com

We offer discounts for couples only, young families and stays of two weeks or more.

Great for all seasons, climbing year round, cycling, hiking, winter ice, skiing, everything except ocean sailing!

Hope to welcome you here one day.

Cheers Pippa
OP Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 11 Sep 2015
In reply to pippac:

Thanks for that, it looks lovely.

Unfortunately we have already sorted our accommodation for Briançon - just looking for somewhere in Orpierre now.

Cheers,

Chris
caver 11 Sep 2015

These ones are good and sit right in the middle of where you're looking for. The conglomerate cliffs at rue de Masque are just a few minutes walk away.

http://www.alpineaccomodation.com/#

Regards

Fiona
 Andy Say 11 Sep 2015

Chris,

Just man up! Kip in the van - it's always summer down there

Andy
 jethro kiernan 12 Sep 2015

Pippas place is Briancon is a lovely spot and Pippa was a great host
 Andy Say 12 Sep 2015

Chris, the owners of the campsite a few miles w of orpierre (Les Catoyes?) Have an OK apartment in their house.
OP Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 12 Sep 2015
In reply to Andy Say:

> Chris, the owners of the campsite a few miles w of orpierre (Les Catoyes?) Have an OK apartment in their house.

Cheers for that, I'll investigate further,

Chris
pippac 17 Sep 2015

Keep us in mind for another time Chris, especially in winter when the van/camping option is less attractive.

Have a good trip,

Cheers

Pippa
OP Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 17 Sep 2015
In reply to pippac:

> Keep us in mind for another time Chris, especially in winter when the van/camping option is less attractive.

> Have a good trip,

> Cheers

> Pippa

Sure will - we don't have a van and have pretty much given up camping except in high summer.

Looking forward to the trip a lot

Chris
 Andy Say 17 Sep 2015

I've just remembered; if you stay at Les Catoyes (sp?) you do get free use of the owners indoor bouldering wall.

Not sure if that is attraction for you!
pippac 15 Oct 2015

Anyone looking for accommodation in Briancon may be interested in the lovely writeup about Snowgums, our gite in Briancon, in The Guardian last weekend http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2015/oct/09/10-great-bed-and-breakfast-ho...

Cheers

Pippa
 GrahamD 15 Oct 2015

Can definitely recommend Gites a Moulin about 1km outside Orpierre

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...