UKC

Simond Ropes - opinions, reviews, thoughts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sanguine 31 Aug 2015
Hello All,

I'm looking at picking up some new ropes for the winter season and the recent opening of a Decathlon store here in Sweden has piqued my interest in Simond gear. I've already made up my mind, based upon ColdThistle information to pick up the Vampire Speed crampons, but I cannot find any info on their ropes, aside from that they do not make their own ropes, rather selling another brand under their names. Has anyone here had experience with their ropes? I know that they have UIAA ratings and are thus functional, but what about general ergonomics, if such a word can be applied to ropes?

Best from the North,

/Sanguine
 tjin 31 Aug 2015
In reply to sanguine:

I bought there 9mm triple rated rope for this summer, worked just fine. No problems with tube belay devices, no problems with HMS knots. Not much to say about their ropes. I have owned Tendon, Beal and Simond ropes and used different brands from others. I have to say, except for obious differences; life slick when new. It's not as stiff or heavy as my other ropes, but it is the thinnest one I had, so that doesnt say anything.
OP sanguine 31 Aug 2015
In reply to tjin:

Thanks for the reply - I have since looked at other similar responses/questions here on UKclimbing and they would seem to confirm suspicions. The difficulty here is that I live too far from the store (other side of the country) and hence the see/feel test is out of my scope. I think that I will probably settle for a pair of their 60 m double ropes, and then for a single rope I will resort to Beal again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...