UKC

Alpidex Climbing Gear

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gavinchin 10 Sep 2015
Hi All,

I would like to ask if anyone has heard of the brand Alpidex?
I was looking to get some carabiners, quickdraws, and belay device.

I've tried searching for it but there seems to be no reviews.

Kind Regards...
 Luke90 10 Sep 2015
In reply to gavinchin:

What makes you tempted by them?

They appear to have the right certifications on their krabs which is always a good start.
 WildCamper 10 Sep 2015
In reply to gavinchin:

Ive climbed on some of their gear and it seemed fine and well made.

just another continental brand trying to break into the British market i think
 beardy mike 10 Sep 2015
In reply to gavinchin:

Seen them a couple of times at the trade shows. All seems to be open mould stuff, i.e. They buy a standard design from one of the hardware factories out in China or Taiwan. I can't say the sales staff impressed me with their knowledge of their own kit, but then it might be oerfectly decent stuff. I guess you get what you pay for, and for my money if i wanted to go cheaper, there are other brands I'd look at first, eg Ocun, singing Rock and the other Czech brands. They generally have really good quality but better prices...
 RobOggie 10 Sep 2015
In reply to gavinchin:

I've got 10 of their Kassandra quickdraws and I rather like them. The main reason I like them is they're all anodised purple (my favourite colour) but there's no real problems with them, they have a nice wide opening, snappy wiregates with a great rope end bent gate carabiner, reasonably wide nylon dogbone if you're of the sporty inclination and they have the . Only real downside to them is that they do weigh a bit more than some top end brands and there is quite a notch on the nose which can catch on gear loops.

If you have any more questions about them or you want some in depth pictures, let me know and I can help.
 Bish 12 Sep 2015
In reply to Luke90:

They are currently on sportpursuit and some of the gear looks good and very decently priced atm.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...