UKC

Delaminating PowerShield?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Just picked up my old MixMaster jacket by the yoke and thought 'urgh... that feels sticky'. Thought it might just need a clean, but, on closer inspection, I notice that the entire shoulder yoke has suffered delamination, with the shell no longer bonded to the fleece lining. All the other panels are fine.

Anyone else had this?

I wonder if it's a stretch panel, or whether it was a faulty batch of fabric. Yes, I know it's an old jacket, but it's much loved and irreplaceable...
Post edited at 18:38
 radddogg 11 Sep 2015
In reply to captain paranoia:

http://www dot ebay dot com/itm/Patagonia-Mixmaster-Jacket-Mens-S-Small-Soft-Shell-Polartec-R2-blue-EXCELLENT-/141754428886?hash=item210138edd6
In reply to radddogg:

Thanks; I don't really need another one, because the delamination doesn't ruin it. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced it. Given that I always suspected the glue layer was the 'perforated membrane', I suspect I'll find it less wind resistant. In fact, thinking back to the last time I used it, I remember thinking it didn't seem as warm as usual...
 radddogg 11 Sep 2015

It's always a bummer when your favourite garb gives up the ghost but maybe its time to buy your new favourite jacket

On closer inspection, all the panels are going. So I checked my Core Skin jacket: same problem..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...