UKC

Campag / Shimano 10 sp cassettes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Just got a s/h TT bike with a close ratio (11-23) shimano 10 sp cassette. My other bikes are all campag 10 speed with wider range cassettes (13-29). Any problems with swapping rear wheels over for lumpier rides? I've tried it with the bike sitting on the Turbo and there appears to be no problem with the indexed shifting - and I'm unlikely to run it with the 53 x 29 combination!
Post edited at 11:37
 Toby_W 15 Sep 2015
In reply to Lord of Starkness:

I think that from 10 speed onwards the cassettes (or rather the wheels with cassettes on) will work with either drive train. I read something the other day talking about the tolerances and widths being almost identical and so will work.

Cheers

Toby

Spacing on campag and shimano 10 speed is different meaning that the gears won't index (though evidently you are seeing differently!) - the two aren't supposed to be compatible.

11 speed, they have the same spacing so apparently are interchangeable.
In reply to Byronius Maximus:

Maybe it works because the Shimano TT / bar end shifters are a bit more tolerant than the integrated brake lever ones. Saying that I've not tried it out on the road - just on the turbo. I've also not tried the shimano cassette / wheel with my Campag derailleur / ergoshift levers - but I've no need of that combination.
 Timmd 17 Sep 2015
At the risk of stating the obvious, or teaching you to suck eggs, there are a combinations which shouldn't work but do, the simplest thing to do is to see if it does.
Post edited at 19:41

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...