UKC

Japan 26 - 28 Sept

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dgbryan 18 Sep 2015
Just on the off-chance ....
Is anyone looking for a climbing partner w/e of 26 to 28 Sept ?
I'm in Tokyo, my plans to hook up with a mate there have fallen through & I would be keen to get out.
Personal kit only on this trip (shoes, harness) & bumbly - maybe good to 10a / 6a.
Damian
 edwardwoodward 18 Sep 2015
In reply to dgbryan:

Not sure if you know this, but it's a holiday week this week in Japan - 24th and 25th are work days but 21st~23rd are holidays and people will be taking the extra 2 days. Anyway what this means is there will be loads of people out and about.
There's an annual "Clean Climbing" event on at Ogawayama 26th-27th and it will be crawling with potential partners.
I'm taking a group to Juunigadake near Lake Saiko in Shizuoka prefecture on Saturday (26th) if you're interested. Crunchy rock but good for the grades you want and a great view. You won't need any kit. How are you travelling?
Oh, and I'll be at Ogawayama from tonight till Tuesday. - I'll check this before I leave, just in case.
OP dgbryan 18 Sep 2015
In reply to edwardwoodward:

Edward,
Many thanks for getting back to me!
I was not aware of the PH weekend - thanks for the heads up. While potential partners sounds fine, the crowds do not & I would be very grateful to take you up on your offer to join your group.
Gearwise (because of work) I will be limited to helmet, harness & shoes + whatever I am wearing (i.e. no camping kit).
I am arriving from Singapore (work) on Wed next 23 Sept for two days (work) in Tokyo, staying at Toyu, Koto-ku (Toyokosoku on the Tokyo Metro Tozai Line. I am free from either Friday 25 Sept late evening or Sat morning, depending on your plan. I am flying out from Narita on Mon 28 Sept around 7 p.m.
Does this work for you? If yes just let me know when & where & anything else! It would be excellent to get ot do some climbing (or belaying if it realy is crunchy!)
With best regards,
Damian Ryan
Hong Kong

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...