UKC

Partner wanted for Ullapool Munros 24-27 Oct

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fidget 06 Oct 2015
I'm after one more Munro trip this year before the snow arrives. I'm thinking the 5 summits north of Ullapool. I would go on my own but I'd rather have company in the middle of the rutting season to reassure me that I'm not about to get mauled by a horny stag! Plus there's a tricky river crossing so I need someone to report my body if it floats away downstream.

I'm thinking of travelling up on the Saturday. For the Sunday I'm thinking of starting on the Loch Droma side for Am Faochagach, Cona' Mheall and Beinn Dearg, continuing along the ridge if there's time. On the Monday we'd come in from the west and tick off the rest of the ridge. Drive home Tuesday. If finishing early on Monday, could get an early night and tick off Seana Bhraigh from the north before heading home (it can be linked with the main ridge but the approach from the north is meant to be better, and it may be better saved for a trip with a bike).

Accommodation - I'm thinking cheap, wild camp and utilise the free showers in Ullapool.

Does that appeal to anyone?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...