UKC

A 4 Day Hike In The Alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 18 Oct 2015
A combination of really cheap flights and the need to take a few days holidays has me tempted to fly to Geneva on November 7th and go hiking for four full days. My question is what can I do. I am well aware of the possible difficulties with weather etc and snow at possibly low levels. I am talking about carrying food and tent. Any suggestions welcomed. Also where is the nearest place to Geneva Cornavin station I could get gas.
 Doug 18 Oct 2015
In reply to goatee:

Jura might be good, I've been walking there for the 11 November holiday a couple of times, once it snowed overnight but mostly reasonable weather
 jimmccall 18 Oct 2015
In reply to goatee:

Well it was Summer, but I walked from Chamonix to Les Gets over 4 days a few years back, using the Sameons map, which conveniently covers both. I remember plenty of lower and higher route options, a fair amount of huts (some of which will have Winter access), and descent walking terrain that shouldn't frustrate you with November conditions, considering the multiple route options available. Certainly plenty of places to camp and options to restock along the way as well... Easy start access meant no wasted time, stock up in Cham. and easy access back out available in Les Gets... Hope it goes well wherever you end up!
Jim
OP goatee 18 Oct 2015
In reply to jimmccall:

Cheers Jim. I will have a good look at that. Looking also at possibly a circuit of the Dents du Midi. Lots and lots to explore.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...