UKC

Plastic in perth (aus)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tomtom 19 Oct 2015
Hi all,
Working near perth, Western Australia, for two months. Won't get much time to get out and such, but should get a random last minute, odd hour to pull some plastic.

I've seen three indoor walls near perth, has anyone visited any, or have any recommendations?

Tia

Tom
 Josh Lewis 20 Oct 2015
In reply to Tomtom:

Hi Tom,

I lived in Perth for two years (moved back at the end of 2013) and spent a lot of time in each gym while I was there. I generally preferred Rockface (Northbridge 10-15min walk from the city centre) for bouldering even though it is only a small bouldering area and then City Summit (Malaga) for roped climbs. The majority of all the roped walls in each gym are top rope only. All three gyms do have lead walls though.

All are very sweaty in summer - the fans aren't great.

If you have any questions let me know!

Enjoy,

Josh
Tomtom 20 Oct 2015
In reply to :

Thanks for the reply dude, the pictures on the websites don't give much help as to how good the walls are.
The top rope set up and many makes me cringe, with the in situ gri Gris and such. Very clip and climb. Very Australian
I'm well into my routes at the moment, so I think I might have to sacrifice that and spend more time bouldering and getting strong!

Will probably take a rope anyway, and see how we get on.

Won't be going enough to buy like a month pass or anything, so I suppose there's no harm trying out each one, although northbridge will be easier to get to.

Thanks pal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...