UKC

ME citadel sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sharp 23 Oct 2015
Wondering if anyone has one of these jackets and can comment on sizing. Other ME stuff fits me pretty well in a small but read a review on here that mentioned it was a little tight around the waist. Would only really be to wear over a fleece and waterproof jacket.
 jezb1 23 Oct 2015
In reply to Sharp:

I have one in large, love it!
Seems sized to fit over layers, it's quite baggy but not to a silly extent. I'm normally a med/large in ME stuff.
 top cat 23 Oct 2015
In reply to jezb1:

I find ME jackets tight under the arm when they fit well everywhere else, so I've stopped using them
 Roguevfr 23 Oct 2015
In reply to Sharp:

Can't imagine wearing mine over a fleece and hardshell, I'd cook in minutes.
I'm 44-46" chest and large fits me well.
 TobyA 23 Oct 2015
In reply to Sharp:

> but read a review on here that mentioned it was a little tight around the waist.

That was me I think. My thoughts were that it was sized for wearing in cold conditions all the time and fitted for that (i.e. over say a midlayer) but if you wore it for it as a belay jacket (over slings of gear, harness with gear on it etc. and of course some sort of shell) going one size up from normal might have been a good idea.

But, looking at the review it was four years ago - I'm getting so old! - so I don't know if current models have changed at all.
OP Sharp 24 Oct 2015
In reply to all:

Thanks for everyones replies, sounds like a medium will be fine. Looks like a great jacket, I like the idea of being cooked inside!
 Neil Pratt 25 Oct 2015
In reply to Sharp:
The Citadel tends to feel snug whatever you wear it over because it has the 'EXL' elastication that pulls the jacket in around your core - I'm sitting with mine on (and cooking) over a t-shirt, and it doesn't feel at all baggy, but I've also had it on over 5 layers for standing around on the Cairngorm plateau last winter and it didn't feel overly tight in that situation. Great jacket, even if it is a bit of a brick!

Mine is a L - which is what I take in most other jackets as well.
Post edited at 09:53
OP Sharp 26 Oct 2015
In reply to Neil Pratt:

Thanks for the info, I went ahead and ordered a medium. I have an ME bag with the elastic inside, absolutely brilliant I'm surprised more manufacturers don't do it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...