UKC

Chamonix Winter Pass Dates??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LDudill 23 Oct 2015
I can't seem to find anything online stating when the cham winter season lift pass is actually valid until. Even on the ski chamonix website where you buy it from it doesn't seem to state the dates it is valid from and until.

Anyone know ? I am planning on being there February to the end of April and would hate to spend £700+ on a pass to find out it expires in april sometime!
 Mr-Cowdrey 23 Oct 2015
In reply to dudsy04:

It's usually the 1st of May I believe.
Removed User 24 Oct 2015
In reply to dudsy04:

I agree with Mr Cowdrey. It's usually 1st of May. But it depends on the years. They close chairlifts when it is not possible to ski anymore. Last year I think it was about 25th of April and the same the year before.
You can ask them by the phone. They speak English.
 mike123 24 Oct 2015
In reply to dudsy04:
http://www.compagniedumontblanc.co.uk/en/lift-passes/gp
Not sure about dates but Well worth your while to buy it early .
In reply to dudsy04:

It's valid until Grand Montets shuts for the season, which is usually the start of May.
OP LDudill 24 Oct 2015
Thanks for the replys. I thought it may be the case in regards to the pass ending when most lifts shut. However as the pass includes the midi which is open all year I imagined they would have a definite date that the pass expires. As we are planning on both climbing and skiing, even if the skiing ends in mid April I would still want access to the midi for the last few weeks of the trip. Probably is worth a phone call to confirm, maybe for the extra 150 quid I should just get an annual pass... Will just mean I shall have to go back out later in the year! And yeh mike I am definitely going to get the early bird ticket... A no brainer with the price difference!

Cheers
OP LDudill 24 Oct 2015
Just spoke to the guides, the season pass lasts until 31st may. I imagine most lifts will be shut my then but should still be able to access the midi!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...