UKC

Guidebook for Mallorca sport? Other info?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ericinbristol 07 Nov 2015

Is there a guidebook in print for sport climbing in Mallorca?

Aiming to be there first week of February. Cala Magraner looks fab Cala Magraner

Looking for easy access well bolted mainly single pitch 5s, 6s, low 7s.

Any tips welcome - crags, routes, accommodation, transport, food!
Post edited at 10:14
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 07 Nov 2015
OP ericinbristol 07 Nov 2015
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Fantastic!!! Oh please let it not be late!
OP ericinbristol 09 Nov 2015
bump for the Monday back to 'work' crew. Info welcome.

will909 09 Nov 2015
In reply to ericinbristol:

If it does come out late I've got the current one you could borrow. I can't remember the crag but there's a brilliant 7a called buf, 30 metres of tufa climbing. I think I have some pics on my profile here climbing it. I have a feeling there was a bit of a walk in though
 Heike 09 Nov 2015

We stayed in a lovely villa near Pollensa. Lots available at this time - try owners direct or holiday lettings.co.uk. We climbed all over the island, I particularly liked Port de Soller, Sa Gubia, Cala Magraner, Tijuana (S'antanyi), S'Estret, but there are many other cliffs that escape my mind now, but were good.

Transport - we hired a car, was dead cheap. I think it might be difficult using local transport, but I don't know for sure as we didn't try.

Food - is amazing. Not as much seafood as I was anticipating, but everything very tasty and not too expensive.

There is a great climbing shop in Valdemossa, Foracorda.
In reply to Heike:

> There is a great climbing shop in Valdemossa, Foracorda.

As far as I am aware, the main Foracorda shop is in Palma - http://www.foracorda.com/beta/en/contact

I don't know of a shop in Valldemossa but it might be there but I don't think it is Foracorda.

Alan

In reply to will909:

Thanks Will, really appreciated.
 Heike 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Ok, might have had a different name, but it was the shop in Valdemossa that I meant, bought some great own brand rock boots there.
In reply to Heike:

Great stuff Heike, much appreciated!

Thanks Alan. Very psyched about the guidebook and my mate has an iPhone and is psyched for the app. How likely are they to be available before we head out there on 31 Jan?

> Thanks Alan. Very psyched about the guidebook and my mate has an iPhone and is psyched for the app. How likely are they to be available before we head out there on 31 Jan?

The App will almost certainly be available. The book depends on the progress we make over the next few weeks. I am intending getting the book to the printers before Christmas which would certainly mean that we will have the stock back before the end of Jan, however there is quite a lot of new stuff to get through after our trip a few weeks ago.

I would still put the chances as pretty good though for Jan 31.

Alan
In reply to Heike:

> Ok, might have had a different name, but it was the shop in Valdemossa that I meant, bought some great own brand rock boots there.

Be great if you had name or a web site for that shop? I am sure they would be keen to advertise in the book.

Thanks

Alan
 islandlynx 09 Nov 2015

Recommend a trip to port de soller, some great routes there. plus you can wine and dine your (climbing) partner in Bar Nautlius after. I was a little underwhelmed by magraner
 Heike 09 Nov 2015

I see if I can find it, a quick search yielded nothing, maybe I can track them down via my shoes!
j james 10 Nov 2015

Hi Alan i think the shop is called madadventure
all the best Jeremy
 josh94110 28 Nov 2015
In reply to will909:

It was really kind of you to offer the Mallorca book to ericinbristol. My wife and I are escaping London for a week of climbing in Mallorca over the holidays. As the new updated Rockfax Mallorca climbing guide isn't going to be published before then and we'll be returning to the US two weeks later, any chance we can borrow your Mallorca guidebook? (Spanish or English version would both be fine)

Happy to bring back Spanish wine in return, pay you, or give you another climbing guide that we own.

Thanks!

Josh & Liz
 will909 28 Nov 2015
In reply to josh94110:

You have mail

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...