UKC

Orgon access after fire?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tjekel 07 Nov 2015
Orgon was partially closed after a fire a few years back ... does anyone have information which sectors are accessible / open at present? any hint welcome.
OP tjekel 19 Nov 2015
In reply to tjekel:
no one?
The Papa Lazarou 19 Nov 2015
 hatman 19 Nov 2015
In reply to tjekel:
Hi, I work in Oregon and can let you know more specifics as needed. In general the whole of the cascades (in both Oregon and Washington), as well as many other areas of central and eastern Oregon, have been badly hit by wildfires in the past ten years, including this year, but all areas are still accessible to users - though a lot of inconvenience can be encountered on less travelled trails due to the sheer numbers of downed trees. The PCT and other major trails are generally well maintained by the U.S. Forest Service. The biggest impact for users is danger during camping. So camping in specific areas where there is no burn damage, is best practice. For example I have just completed a 65 day course in the Washington, Three Fingered Jack, and Jefferson Wilderness areas of central Oregon, and the first two areas were a nightmare as we couldnt rely on traditional camp spots as new burn has reduced them even more. If you have more specific questions I can try and give you answers.
 Adrien 20 Nov 2015
In reply to hatman:

According to this http://www.ffme.fr/site/falaise-fiche/126.html it is only allowed to climb in the following sectors: in Beauregard, from Mur Notre Dame to Grottes, and in the canal area from Fièvre to Initiation, ie page 204, sectors 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and page 176, sectors 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23. All sectors in the valley are closed. There are also restrictions between June 1st and September 30th depending on the conditions and fire risks.
 Chris Harris 20 Nov 2015
In reply to hatman:

> Hi, I work in Oregon

Still trying to work out if this is a joke or a mistake.

Pedro50 20 Nov 2015
In reply to Chris Harris:

I assumed it was a well meaning mistake and was far too polite to mention it.
 Brass Nipples 20 Nov 2015
In reply to tjekel:

I believe they are looking for Orgon donors, maybe you could be one?

pete johnson 20 Nov 2015
In reply to tjekel:

The fires were in 2012 I think and climbing was banned pending assessment especially of the stability of cliff tops and danger of cliff collapse. Pretty sure climbing is allowed there now - there were people climbing there in early October. You could check by contacting the campsite owners.
 Chris Harris 20 Nov 2015
In reply to Orgsm:

Maybe the place has Orgon up in flames....
 Brass Nipples 20 Nov 2015
In reply to Chris Harris:

Must have been because they didn't use inert Orgon gas
OP tjekel 20 Nov 2015
In reply to tjekel:

thanks to all, and thanks also for more information on the west of the US than anticipated. should have put France in the question, sorry.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...