UKC

Lake district huts?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rdelf 16 Nov 2015

Can anyone recommend a hut that may be available the last weekend of November? Hoping as it's out of season places will be available! It's for a group of possibly 12-14 or so from Edinburgh. Only a few of us are BMC members, and mixed abilities so some hillwalking is ideal.

We're looking to get away for the weekend and thinking Lakes would be preferable to the Highlands but open to any suggestions. I know the lakes well but have never stayed in a hut there!

Thanks in advance
Post edited at 17:16
 olddirtydoggy 16 Nov 2015
In reply to rdelf:
There's a great large bothy at the top of Honnister pass towards Fleetwith pike called dubs hut. Obviously not manned, it's just open like the ones north of the border but clean and dry. Alternatively the YH in the same area is there but personally I don't like those places. Langdale camp site have pods for rent if you fancy a cheap stay in a warm 'garden shed'. It depends how cheap vs how comfortable you want.
Theres also a club hut in the Langdale valley but I can't remember what it's called.
Post edited at 18:03
 coinneach 16 Nov 2015
In reply to Dave Ferguson:

Second the Carlisle hut. It's a wee cracker.
 Simon Caldwell 16 Nov 2015
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

The BMA rightly ask you not to take groups of 5 or more to a bothy
 Simon Caldwell 16 Nov 2015
In reply to rdelf:

There's a list of huts on the BMC website, many of them have online diaries to see if anyone's booked in.
 Rog Wilko 16 Nov 2015
In reply to rdelf:

I don't know if the hut is booked out already or not, but this may be of interest:
http://www.lancashirecavingandclimbingclub.co.uk/home/index.php?option=com_...

I will mail you the phone number of the booking secretary.
 olddirtydoggy 16 Nov 2015
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Didn't know that, worth knowing thanks.
 veteye 17 Nov 2015
In reply to rdelf:

These are of interest to all of us. I like the sound of the bothy, but the huts sound good too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...